Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best way to clean inside Shoei XR1000

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Sizygy, Jun 26, 2009.

1. I've had my XR1000 for about 18 months and just recently been starting to get a really itchy head after riding for about half an hour.

Just wondering what you guys do to clean the inside lining, as they aren't removable on the 1000.
  2. 1. jump on it till the soft stuff comes out ( takes a while they are built mighty tough and hard to crack)
    2. light it on fire and its as good as clean
    3. mix one part charcoal, one part sulfur powder and one part potassium nitrate, light it up and its as good as new

they are a really shit helmet, i dont know why i still got mine and it should be thrown out, they are heavy as, they fog up real quickly, thier vents dont work that well to relive the fog, and it gets real hot in suburban traffic, the tinted visor doesnt work that well, its still really glarery, you end up wearing sun glasses behind the tinted visor to stop the glare, the pads are Superglued on and nothing comes off, u keep the smell of your own sweat in the helmet and you cant clean it. their is better helmets to be had, just dispose of it and look for a better one.
  3. Dishwasher..... might sound like a joke, but I'm serious. Read about it somewhere on one of the forums a couple of years ago and finally gave it a try with the old Nolan flip helmets that the wife and I had. Thought if it didn't work then we hadn't really lost much and would replace them. Came up fantastic. Washed them that way on 2 or 3 occasions.
  4. I'm not sure if the OP will be keen to put his $800 helmet in a dishwasher.
  5. helmet...in ... dishwasher.... errrrr....
  6. Febreze or similar brand fabric sanitizer/deodoriser from your supermarket
    laundry aisle.

I don't know why some of you are so down on the XR1000, I think mine
    is a good helmet.
  7. LOL!!~!

Yeah I love my XR1000 as well :)