Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best tyre for an XJR1300

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by TarmacSamurai, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Well, the recent trip has worn a nice flat line around the middle of my rear tyre, so I need a new one. I should probably have fitted a dual compund tyre for the trip, but there you go.

I'm wondering if any6one has any good tips on a tyre for a 2007 XJR. All advice gratefully received.
  2. You need something with strong structure to carry the weight.
    I would put a Pilot Road 2 on it, or a Pilot Road, or a Bridgestone
    BT020/021. Grip is still middling in the wet and longevity is good.

If you want heaps of mileage and don't care about heaps of
    wet weather grip then a Dunlop D220st or similar (eg D205)
    will last for AGES on a heavy bike, but the wet grip is not for
    sports riders, only for relaxed riders. Dry grip is fine.
  3. yeah i've heard good things about dunlops too. will be most likely getting dunlops for my FJR next
  4. What sorta mileage are people gettin' outa those dunlop 220's ?
  5. I want to have decent grip in the wet. You're the second person to mention the Pilot Road 2 to me. That's the Michelin, right? Actually, just found this: http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/f...codePage=2092004104045_13032007105938&lang=EN

I think this will be the next tyre for me.
  6. Can't get a Pilot Road 2 anywhere in Sydney!

I'm getting a BT021 fitted in Tuesday.
  7. I have a 2005 Xjr 1300 and run BT 003 great tyre in all conditions but only good for about 5000 klms
    Lean angle grip is awesome
    Only problem so far is when riding on motoreays they wear in the middle leaving a ridge
    As soon as you put some lean angle on them they wear round