Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best times to do HART course in QLD

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by ParkerMax, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hello,

I did my HART course to get my Ps a while ago and failed due to turning wide (death grip) :oops: Which probably could of cost me my life.

So, I bought myself a bike to help me feel more relaxed and comfortable on the bike (which I sold 1 month later because my mum said so :cry:). And I feel I have become more relaxed.

I did the road prac on Friday evening during hellish peak hour traffic which was scary and in an area I did not know well.
    So, I'm thinking it would be better to do it on a Sunday or during the holidays on a weekday.

What are your thoughts?

2. Which suburb are you doing the Qride in? Generally weekend is better because by the time you do the road ride component (assuming you passed all the others) will be peak hour. I did mine in Rocklea Pro Honda and Ipswich Road is a killer with trucks etc all day on week days!

I would say weekends will be more relaxed drivers on the road too but being less busy you might have to do more riding whereas if the roads are busy most of the time you are behind the lights rather an being tested hehehe.

Good luck with it all, and stay safe, running wide is very dangerous but don't give up. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Cheers mate.

I'll be doing it at Hart Honda Slacks Creek, I'm going to buy some boots first because gear changing in my joggers sucks.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. That is a very good start, boots are good. Yeah Logan road is very busy too. Do they charge higher for weekend? Rocklea does.
  5. It doesn't really matter when and what times you take the test. For you, it's going to be busy, as the instructors will take you through the main roads. Besides, being a noob, there can be five cars on the road, and you will still think it's busy....good luck...
  6. Yep, it's an extra $80, but they have a $595 cap so it'll work out to be $170ish which is the cost of one day.

I kind of wish I did it at Rocklea, I know the area pretty well.

Good points, thanks Raid