Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best sports for my situation?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Love2Ride2008, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Well i was looking to buy a good 250cc sports bike that looks good and goes fast in its category, the honda cbr250rr mc22 looks good dont really know its capabilities.

ive riden r6,r1 gsxr650/750 and also pillioned on a busa, im a good rider i own a vtr250 at the moment dont really like how it looks, any suggestions?
  2. Been riding long? If you have and are ready for something with serious power, the best power + sports 250cc bikes you can get are the 2stroke ones eg. rs250, nsr250, etc.

But cbr250rr, fzr250, zx2r, etc. with suspension in good nick and a good rider - can carry great corner speeds. And of course these are 4 strokes so considered generally more reliable and cheaper.
  3. Why don't you like the vtr you have now? How long till you get off restrictions?? :cool:
  4. A full-on learner legal 250 is not going to be significantly faster than a VTR 250.

Stick with the vtr until you can get a 600.
  5. I love my CBR250rr, but if I was after something just to throw down the twisties while remaining learner legal, I'd take my brothers bike, the last of the RS125 Aprilia's. it's as fast as the cbr250rr in a straight line, but it's impossible to ride the thing and not have a gigantic smile on your face. If I didn't have to commute 60km's a day in traffic, I'd have one.
  6. Oh the memories of Lover2ride2008. I still remember his last post on Janurary 23rd, 2008.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I miss him every day.
    • Funny Funny x 1