Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best route? Frankston -> Sorrento -> Queenscliff -&gt

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by orp, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Hey guys,

Me and a few friends are going on a ride this weekend from Frankston -> Sorrento -> Queenscliff -> Melb.

I'm sure a few of you have done this before and know the best detours to take along the way. Any suggestions?

Also, anyone know approx. how long this will take?

2. Need I mention Arthur's Seat!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Yup, up Arthurs Seat and down the Sth side. Take the backroads into Sorrento. Enjoy the Dolphins. Get off the boat and head due west for about 150km. When you get to a T-instersection called Lavers Hill, turn right and take the countryside sweepers back into Geelong and then the boring fwy into Melbourne.
    It will take you a full day :)
  4. I'm a bit worried about you Melbourne-ites riding Arthur's Seat; what does Arthur think about it???
  5. I can't comment on the best route cos the only time I've rideden this area was at Christmas time when I was in the middle of our 3000k Victorian group tour. The problem was, it was raining like mad that day and all we could think of was getting to the next destination, Lakes Entrance, rather than the nicesties of which was the "best" way.

Even in the rain, though, it appeared to be a beautiful area and the trip across in the ferry from Queenscliff was wonderful.