Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Featured Best rides Gold Coast

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Mattyo, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Hi,
    Took the new bike out MT07 this morning with a mate on an MT03. I live in Elanora so headed out Currumbin Creek Rd and did the Tomewin Mountain Rd down to Murwillumbah then over Burringbar range to Pottsville, up the coast for breakfast at Coolangatta and home via a quick spurt out Tallebudgera valley rd and back. Had a great time. Just wondering what other rides are popular for a couple of hour type round trip on the Gold Coast/ Northern rivers. Lived on the coast for a long time but I seem to keep finding places I have never been since I got a bike, tend to want to go down streets I usually drive past. Loving it, cheers

2. Pottsville to Brunswick Heads via Tweed Coast road. Breakfast at one of the cafes or if it's lunch time then fish and chips at the co-op in the boat harbor.
    Brunswick Heads to Mullumbimby via Gulgan road.
    Mullumbimby to Pacific Highway via Coolamon Scenic Drive then either back up the coast on the highway if your bum is sore or you need a beer. Or into Bangalow then the Bangalow Lismore road to Lismore.
    From Lismore to Nimbin via Nimbin road.
    Nimbin to Murwillumbah via Kyogle road.

That should keep you busy!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Try Springbrook Road Mugeeraba, up the mountain to Pine Creek Road, right onto Nerang Muwillumbah Road, then back to Lower Beachmont Road, out to Canungra, then up the old goat track to Mt Tamborine then back down to the Coast via Nerang. It would be a nice two hour job.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don't try the Main Arm to Uki via Mt Jerusalem unless on knobbies :-O
  5. Sure I saw you guys at the border there on tomewin road. was pulled up on the side by the livestock cameras. Springbrook,advancetown,beechmont,Canungra,tambourine is also a good local ride.
  6. thanks guys that ought to keep us going for a bit.

Bear ArseBear Arse I had forgotten about Bangalow- Lismore Rd, drove it many times in the car, would be great on the bike, likewise the Nimbin to Murwillumbah stretch.

Duke at EeeDuke at Eee thanks mate, got a lot of exploring to do out Beechmont way

FractalzFractalz How far up Main Arm Rd until you need knobbies? Can you get to where it meets the Pocket Rd and go back to Billinudgel that way? only got road tyres.

Bugs_22Bugs_22 Yeah mate that would have been us, you were there with another sports bike yeah? round 8am?
  7. Yeah that was us, my mates ninja 650. Plenty of roads on the gc/NSW to enjoy. Plenty of copper action lately too
  8. good to know, do you see them much on that Tomewin Rd?
  9. Usually a HP on the NSW side of the border. I was stopped be three bike ones at Springbrrok yesterday. It was WTF but turned out to be license and Rbt
  10. Pocket Rd was bitumen.
    I did make it over the Mt Jerusalem Rd to Uki but it was a harrowing experience :'( ... on Ducati Monster, road tyres ... other riders no doubt would scoff and consider it a doddle probably ...
  11. Did that ride basically on our Enfields the other day lovely ride probably a bit slower than you did it
  12. Sounds good thanks