Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best PS2 bike game ?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Bangr, May 20, 2006.

1. I am wanting to get a bike game for the PS2 , what do you all think is the best game ?

2. Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition...!

Is great car/bike racing game. You race for money, win cars, get vehicle upgrades, mods, etc... Customize your car or bike in many ways. Not so realistic but still great fun.
    Only downside is not enough (sports) bikes!

Moto GP pretty realistic and good 2 player game.
  3. Tourist Trophy will be a cracker (yet to be released). Huge range of bikes to be had, and many of the same tracks that were in the GT series.
  4. Will be released 01/06/2006
    I can't wait!
  5. Tourist Trophy does look like a good game, but after seeing the screenshots of MotoGP 06 for Xbox360, the graphics of Tourist Trophy look very dated :?
  6. Tourist Trophy for the win!

You could go the X360 route, but then you have to buy an uberexpensive 360, and an uberexpensive hi-def tv to enjoy the decent graphics on.

Give me gameplay over graphics anyday.
  7. Oh, don't get me wrong. I will go out and buy Tourist Trophy because I have a PS2, and I most probably won't be buying MotoGP 06 because I don't have an Xbox360 and have no plans of acquiring one anytime soon (though who knows what may happen in a year or two's time :)). However, I do like pretty graphics, and graphically Xbox360 >>> PS2.
  8. Riding Spirits 2 is worth a look - the racing's not that realistic but it has a massive range of real-world bikes that can be fully modded (basically a rip-off of the GT concept). Covers everything from MotoGP/Superbikes to scooters, motards, modern and classic bikes from Japan, along with a fair range from Aprillia, Cagiva, Bimota, Ducati, Triumph, BMW and more.
    Edit: It's also been out for a while - so you can usually pick it up cheap.
  9. mahaha i've got it already \:D/ :demon:

i haven't had a chance to play it much but my first impression is that it's very cool.
  10. I've preorderd my Tourist Trophy already, 11 days to go!! :LOL:
  11. i picked up tourist trophy last nite. havent been able to play it yet cause my bro has got the ps2, when i get it back, i'll tell ya what i think
  12. Where from? EB Games?
  13. azereus
  14. Riding Spirits 2 is pretty good, but I found it extremely difficult to come to grips with the gameplay. The handling of the bikes is the most realistic I've seen yet (you need to stick your knee out when cornering!) and the game is good, but you really need to spend a serious amount of time on it to get anywhere.

Yeah, there is a fair range of bikes, but most of them you need to unlock/win.

Personally I orefer a game I can just jump on for 15 minutes here or there and go for a quick blast.
  15. Any shops I can get this one from ?
  16. hey, do you have a chip on ur ps2 if so i mite be able to get u a copy
  17. Just played tourist trophy for the first time, in my opinion its the best bike sim you could ever get
    Graphics are probably not much better than the new motogp but the fact you can ride real bikes plus soup them up is absolutely wicked. I was riding a tri colur blade with over 200 bhp at 160 odd kgs. talk about easy wheelies but it also has old bikes like katana1100, 999r basically everything even scooters. All in all people the best game ever if you ask me :wink: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  18. Sounds like an endorsement, I might have to order it for Fathers Day
  19. similar to gt4 apart from the whole car / bike thing?

what scooters are they?