Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best prices on lids

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Grant600RR, Oct 10, 2007.

1. getting a new lid. Been looking on the net and at sydney city motorcycles

got any ideas of good dealers

anyone got a sale on at the moment
  2. Well, I was going to suggest www.helmetwarehouse.com.au for comparative pricing, but their site seems to be down. If it comes back up, they seem to be doing silly things with pricing at the moment.

However, the most important thing with a helmet is comfort and fit. Also, we all want to keep our local bike shops in business, don't we? So you have to go to a shop to pick a helmet, by trying on lots of 'em, then negotiate a better price (not necessarily a matched price, as they have provided a fitting service) based on the helmetwarehouse price.

I recently priced a Shoei Multitec online at $729, and Bike Mart offered it for $720, knowing full well that what the online price was. :grin:
  3. Keep an eye out for Suomy helmets, they are going cheap just make sure they fit you properly.

I got my Spec1R racing helmet for $270 and it kicks ass. It has awesome ventilation which will come in handy during summer, I also rode for about 1 hour in the rain and it didnt leak or fog at all.

You have to wear earplugs though.
  4. Try this one: http://www.budgetbikes.com.au/ :)
  5. There you go. The other URL used to work :?: No matter. :cool:
  6. http://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/ ---> this is the one you're talking about. "the"helmet warehouse!! :wink:

Btw I got my helmet (a Shark RSX) from Action for $260. The visor is the same as the one on the RSR2(MOTOGP, blah... blah...) and kicks arse! :cool:
    They have helmet sales every now and then and you just have to keep an eye open! :wink:
    Good luck!
  7. awesome thanks for the links.

im gonna be getting a new one the weekend of 20th

ill let you know what i pick