Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best place to speed

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Guest, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Wheres a best straight smooth roads in in melbourne to try out some decent top speed runs with minimal risk of being nabbed?

2. where ever your nearest Race track is book yourself in for a track day.

that includes drag race folks.
  3. western ring road..... :wink:
  4. dont forget to take ur mirrors with u this time Mr death :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  5. On the track :evil:
  6. but he asked wheres the best place on normal roads.....
    why would u want to go to track for??
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    when there is roads here
    as u can see hes not fussed if he kills anyone or himself
    just as long as he dont get caught on speed cameras
    :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Down the eastern, you can get from one end to the other in 4 minutes...

Actually there's plenty of good spots, but the deal is you gotta find your own!
  8. Cos some people on here have template responses and cant read posts.
  9. nothing normal mentioned there. i stand by my advice he just asked for straight and smooth & road.
  10. Right in your living room....MOTO GP on the PS2 or X Box, you can race Phillip Island!!
    Oh, I am sorry, this was a serious question.

Well, if you were not talking about your local race track, then I presume you have the money for a hefty fine, court apperance and can bear a loss of licence, plus a conviction on your driving record which will certainly bump up your insurance premium!!

Consider also that the Police may actually monitor this website for such questions etc.

Realistically - you have to head out to the sticks (ass end of Melbourne) and make sure there are no entry roads onto the road etc.
    Check your Melways to ensure it is miles away from any Police Stations.
    I would advise taking a few friends to drive ahead to check for cops, then mobile phone back to give the greenlight and go for it.
    Set your mobile to vibrate, stick it somewhere you will feel it (like in your jocks) so if it goes off, it means cops, traffic or something similar.
    Oh - dont take any video footage, this can be used against you in court as evidence.

May the Force be with you!
    Let me know how fast the Ninja goes!!
  11. The clock will stop at 300 unless it's been doctored.
  12. do you have a stutter Fonda? :)
  13. IMO a racetrack's a crap place for a top speed run, by the way, not enough straight to get up to top speed and hold it long enough for a GPS to make a reasonable, stable measurement.

We need a Bruntingthorpe, an old airstrip for these sorts of shenanigans. There's some salt flats... somewhere in SA? Or is it NSW? On the right day there's your perfect solution.
  14. I think Lake Gairdner might be the place you're thinking of Loz - it's in SA. Definately the best spot for finding maximum speed (unless you can find a racetrack with a long enough main straight).
  15. the main chute at PI...!
  16. Get back under your bridge and wait for some more goats to come will you DeathWish.

You're becoming a bore.
  17. Why are people so unkind :( :( :(
  18. :bannanabutt:

dont worry man, im with you.

Next time u wanna test your speed invite me out
  19. I'll only make one post and then you speed freak idiots can get on with wanking each other off.

You're a pack of irresponsible, dangerous f%^&wits that are a menace to every single person that uses the roads. Take it to the track d&^*heads.

I would never wish harm to any rider but if you are going to do this type of stuff and you do screw up then I really hope you only take yourself out. And serves you right.

PS. Stay the hell away from Sydney and me.

20. Dont troll please.