Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best Place to go for a new rider

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Squizz, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Heyas..

I am a new rider.. just got off my L's last week I yr to go till i can ride a real bike :):):)

I am wondering where would be a great place to go for a cruise?

I am kindof getting bored with my old routes... Along the ringroad to Greensborough.. around the city.. along willy beach/altona.. Up to melton and back.. Up dandenong and back.. then sometimes all combined into one trip... Rather interstesting trip :p

Al :D

2. I used to work out at watsonia, near where you must be if you ride round greensborough, It was afew years ago and we used to do it in our cars, but if you go down past greensborough, past the army base, chuck a left at the bottom then head out into the hills (can't remember the street names) there are some very fun roads down there.

3. I am from west footscray.. I like to go places that i havnt been to for a while..

Al

4. I owuld not recommend any learner join these guys for a ride. They are harcore riders. They choose very demanding routes as nearly all of their members are experienced riders.

5. He is of course refering to Christmas Hills. Nice set of twisties but 80km/h greed limit. Heavily policed on the weekends too.

6. That's a shame, when I was posted down there I never saw any police in that area, but it is still a nice road, I used to take my 180sx and turbo quattro down there quite often!