Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best music for a bike DVD??

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Azz, Jul 11, 2006.

1. I'm going to make a DVD of PNUT's 30th bday GOR ride from Saturday using the footage that Madguitarist took and all the photo's that were taken by others...

Just want some opinions as to the best music (genre/band/song... whatever) to put in the DVD

I know I'm going to get a lot of suggestions for Rock and AC/DC... just seeing what music others think is good on bike DVD's??

2. This is PNUT we are talking about here so I say the most appropriate song would be I Touch Myself by the The Divinyls.

3. Get the Biker Boyz Soundtrack !
    You'll get inspiration there.

Boom - P.O.D comes to mind.

4. bob seger hollywood nights

if for no other reason than these lines

"They drove for miles and miles
    Up those twisting turning roads
    Higher and higher and higher they climbed"

"He'd headed west cause he felt that a change
    Would do him good
    See some old friends, good for the soul"

or
    Jackson Brown, running on empty.

this line
    "Looking out at the road rushing under my wheels
    I don't know how to tell you all just how crazy this life feels
    I look around for the friends that I used to turn to to pull me through
    Looking into their eyes I see them running too"

both clasics

5. I put together a short burnout movie a while ago and used "Killing in the Name" by Rage against the Machine. It fit the vibe and nobody complained. However for a ride vid I would pick something slower and more moody at start so longer clips don't look too out of place. Then switch to something more powerful for the short action clips.

Cheers,

6. "I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver black phantom bike" - Bat out of Hell, Meatloaf

Cliched yes, but still the greatest damn riding/driving/pump you up like nothing else song around...

7. Have to agree on the rage against the machine,few of their songs on high rotation on MP3 player,good pumpin ridng tunes I call em.ACCA DAKA obviously,excellent for G.O.R. and the like,few Pink Floyds arent bad either.You could always throw in Cheryl Crows"everyday is a winding road" for the twisty bits.

8. I have a set selection on my MP3 which is just for riding ......... which I much adore - but I would suggest since it was PNUT's birthday ride - ask him what he listens too? One could guess I surpose ........... Green Jelly, Devo, TISM :p I know - not likely :LOL:

9. Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf
    High Voltage - ACDC

both classic riding tracks

10. how about Bad Company or Lynyrd Skynyrd?

11. Spider Bait - Black Betty

12. Riding through OPH on sunday behind Dante, my IPOD was on random. Its still clear in my mind the following songs which made the ride even more pumpin' ! :LOL:

Warrant - Cherry Pie
    Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child
    Metallica - Enter the Sandman
    Transvision Vamp - I want your love :eek:

Talk about a mix . . . all of which had the beat that seemed to go with the sweeping bends and tight corners. Got carried away in some parts. :grin:

13. top gun soundtrack :p

14. now that track is synonymous with fast bikes! :grin:

15. Spin the Black Circle- Pearl Jam

In fact anything by Pearl Jam

16. Old school ac/ dc is wicked
    :LOL:

17. Radar Love by Golden Earring..... yeah its an oldie but good for driving/riding

18. Click Click Boom -by- Saliva

Welcome To The Fold -by- Filter

Man With The Hex -by- The Atomic Fireballs [ska, not rock; but trust me]

Down With The Sickness -by- Disturbed

The Final Countdown -by- Europe

I Stand Alone -by Godsmack

Rocquefort -by Karnivool

Happy -by- Mudvayne

Links 2 3 4 -by- Rammstein

..assuming you want cool music for an exciting bike vid.

19. Use "Danny Boy". It has great lines about Groberts, motorcycle exhausts and the run from Lorne to Anglesea.

"O Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling
    From Glen to Glen and down the mountainside"