Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best motorbike song

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TAX123, Jan 28, 2011.

1. #1 TAX123, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Whats your best song to ride along to?

I like Someday from Nickleback

how many of you guys listen to music while on a long cruise?

2. Vincent black lightning by Richard Thomson
  3. I thought you meant best song about motorcycling. This has been a personal bugbear, that motorcycling generates such passion and yet I can't think of a song that shows that passion.

Do people have examples?
  4. Such a personal thing, but this would be one of my favorites when carving up some good twisties:
    Through the Fire and the Flames by Dragonforce
    Long enough to get through the good bit of Icy Creek Road with plenty of seconds to spare. ;)
  5. The Distance by cake, I always thought referenced mc riding but I heard it the other day and mentions the terms "driving" along with "riding" so who knows.

Edit: Lyrics here

Still Driving and Striving as fast as he can

He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse (actually this could relate to a number of things)
  6. It's a bit obscure, but BSA Rocket 3 by the DTs is pretty good, particularly belted out live as an encore with 5000 pissed bikers singing along. It's quite funny too.

On a more maudlin note, Jethro Tull's Too Old to Rock and Roll is one of the better offerings of the Crashing Rocker genre.

Bob Seger did a number whose title I can't remember about long cold rides and hostile locals.

But most motorbike songs are bollocks, unfortunately.
  7. #7 jd, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    "Further ahead of warp" by Envy
    Though the rest of the Insomniac Doze album is also good (certainly their best album by far IMO).

I like having something I don't have to pay attention to, since I can't understand the lyrics anyway, and the dramatic changes in the songs helps me keep focused.
  8. Steppenwolf's 'Born To Be Wild' isn't entirely a bike song, but 'Get your motor running/Head out on the highway' goes pretty well. And of course Meatloaf's 'Bat Out Of Hell' is another example of the aforementioned Crashing Rocker genre.

I'll have to check the words for the vehicle, but Dio's 'I Speed At Night' is a fun song I think of when I'm riding.
  9. Artist : Gadnium
    Song : Ride Hard, Die Free
  10. Blimey, I'd forgotten about Dio. Must get some again. I always thought that one was an amphetamine reference :D.
  11. There are a few I like to listen to when riding.

Fuel - Metallica
    Breaking the Law - Judas Priest
    Run to the Hills - Iron Maiden
    Stone Cold Crazy - Queen or Metallica

and suprisingly No Brakes - Offspring
  12. I like to cruise so the ladies get a good look, while listening to this:

13. This is my best. When I was 18 I was on my Ls on my ZZR and I was riding back to Newcastle to Uni from Lismore (where I grew up), it was about 9pm, I just come through the Buladelah ranges and the moon was out and I was alone on the highway, this song came on. If I could point to a moment that I knew that I would always ride bikes this is it.

Metallica, Wherever I may roam.
  14. Dream Theater - Pull Me Under
    Lenny Dee - Forgotten Moments (Ophidian Remix)
    Hennes & Cold - The Second Trip (Scot Project Mix)
    Push - Till We Meet Again
    Darude - Sandstorm
    Veracocha - Carte Blanch
  15. Stookie has ALWAYS been able to tell when I'm listening to Chemical Brothers....apparently I grow horns :demon:
  16. Anything from disturbed, 36 crazy fists
    Rolling - limp biskit
    Aqua- barbie girl
  17. I've always found the Blues Brothers Soundtrack to be my favourite driving/riding album to listen to. Puts me in a great mood to eat up the miles :)
  18. I used to watch Sons of Anarchy, the TV show, and I started getting into some of the songs they had on the show and found I 'discography' type thing of the songs and grabbed a couple, I'm not a huge music fan but I could listen to someone like Johnny Cash all day & night.

I can't seem to get into like hiphop, rap, or metal tbh.