Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best Motorbike Movies

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by matti-san, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Hi guys often at home we have a themed DVD weekend, ie Star Wars, chick flicks [shudders], action etc etc. Well I have control of the next one and I have picked motorbikes as the theme. :grin:

So what are the best motorbike movies out there and why. They don't have to be 100% about motorbikes but motorbikes/bikers do need to be high profile in the movie.

SO to kick it off I have selected:

Stone
    Easy Rider

2. On Any Sunday

Girl on a Motorcycle

Mad Max (plenty of bikes in it, even though it's not a "bike movie")

Oh, and don't forget Silver Dream Racer! :LOL:

3. The Wyld One.
    Naked under leather.

4. The Wyld One.
    Naked under leather.
    Beach blanket bingo.

5. World's Fastest Indian
    Akira

6. any one have a DVD copy they would lend/copy for me?

7. ToRqUe!!

BruzZa!! :p~

8. Ah man, I was wondering how long it'd take someone to say Torque ;)

It might be a load of shit, but just like The Fast & The Furious, it's a visual feast!

9. #9 mattb, Jul 27, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  10. On Any Sunday

Play it twice

11.  Top
  12. mmm not all movies.. but on DVD

CHiPs - lot a love there..
    harley davidson and the marlbro man
    Blokesworld the MX files Vol 1 & 2 (maybe not the family thing)
    Long way Around (10 episode) yet to find anyone that did not like it.
    Motorcycle diarys - History and bikes

13.  Top
  14. Be careful watching On any Sunday,

I lost my licence doing 140 in a 60 zone less that 15mins after finnishing watching it 6months and a little over$1500 then another 3 months for accumulation of demerit points

15. Ghostrider no's 1 to 4 the last ones a bit laid back tho he rides like he's had a bad off ..really cautious compared to the others .

16. Grease 2 ( cool rider ) :rofl: :rofl: \:D/ :rofl:

17. Spot on JD about AKIRA!
    Who doesn't want a MASSIVE sports bike with full HUD/readouts and an encapsulating cockpit?

18. The weird thing is apparently the sound effect for the bike was produced by combining the sound of a 1929 Harley with a Jet Engine :shock:.

19. Damn, now I wanna watch Akira again :grin:

If u like really cheesy story lines and some decent MX action, Supercross aint too bad....... but better if u just fast fwd thru the story line bits :p

20. Ohh and whilst we are on SCI FI lets not forget the freeway scene in the Matrix II when Trinity lands on top of a truck full of Dukes, :shock: then charges through oncoming traffic....a totally realistic portayal of a daily ride. In my opinion. :roll: :LOL: