Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best month of the year to buy a new bike?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by vinnie, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Hi all,

Is there a best time of the year to buy a new bike? I am from Europe and over there it is a good idea to buy in February (winter) as it is easier to get a better price on a new bike.

2. anytime in winter is the cheapest here too

avoid buying a bike coming into summer time or around superbikes or motoGP time, will cost ya a bit more, unless your buying a brand new bike in which case it wont really matter.

Just make sure you shop around before buying
  3. Couldn't tell you from personal experience, but I'd say winter for buying a bike, summer for selling a bike.
    And if you've got kids mini bikes, stick them in the paper in the first half of December.
  4. I've noticed that starting a bit before the end of the financial year here (which is also near the start of winter) you often see run out specials on new bikes.

These will often last well through winter sometimes.

But the problem is that most of the larger discounts tend to be on less popular models.

Another way to get a cheaper new bike is wait for the end of model and buy a new bike from last years stock.

I've done that a couple of times and saved up to $4000 doing that.