Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best Foot Forward

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by hornet, Aug 28, 2005.

1. We all know the phrase "Put your best foot forward". Well there's a huge community of "feet-forward" motorcycles and motorcyclists, and some of the devices are indeed strange. Take a look!!!!

2. Truly weird
  3. Quote:
    The simplest way to describe a Feet First or "FF" machine is as a "Two Wheeled Car"

Why would you want to take an open to the elements machine and enclose it?
  4. Now im probably going to be kicking myself but i remember watching something where they had the developments of the 2 wheel enclosed cars. Maybe it was Top Gear (or maybe Fifth Gear)... and they had one that would deploy a wheel each side of it to stabilise itself at low speeds, ala landing gear style.

Unfortunately they had branched off and decided that 3 wheeled machines were the way to go, although they did look (and drive/ride) very good/well! The latest development i remember was that they had one that would bank the 'cockpit' into the corners supposedly just like a motorbike.

Estimated price on them was something like $45,000 at the moment.
  5. I like the one in the front, looks like and old plastic canteen chair lashed to the bike that makes up the seat...:LOL:...
  6. Strangely, several of these are attributed to Australians...that's a worry in itself.

But most of them are Pommie creations, no doubt the British are great innovators, always have been.
  7. i think this is what you mean http://www.carver-europe.com/

very strange vehicle, and only a 650 engine