Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Best bargain...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by undii, Sep 4, 2007.

1. A guy from down the street told me from hearing and seeing me go by made him buy a bike :grin: He's had his bike licence since 18/19 and is mid 30s, he just never bothered to BUY a bike. Anyway, he showed the bike to me, he brought it from a mate, a 1992 CBR 600 F2, 34K kms (could be genuine far as I know, the guy hardly rode it and has owned it for yonks) for... drum roll..

$2,500..

What

A

Bargain!!!!

He rode the spur on Sunday and said he had MIGHTY fun :wink: I reckon he got an absolute bargain, definitely the best bargain when talking about motorbikes of recent that I know of... Does anyone else have great bargain stories??

I hope this fits in GD, didn't think it would fit bike reviews due to not being a review at all, just glad for him that he got a bargain AND that I got him back to riding and buying a bike. He's got a couple kids around 4-6 and a baby/toddler. He said he won't be trying to break any speed records at all and not break any body parts ;) He relies on them too much for work (a tradie of possibly a plumber by the looks of it.

I'll see if I can get pics, we hardly see each other at moment with our lifestyles/routines. The bike doesn't look like it's been dropped and was kept in good condition/servicing from what I was told. Man.... still shocked, happy about it... $2,500. NICE ONE!

2. Thats why it pays to shop around. Sweet deal...

Did you give him a NR card? :p

3. I thinkthis shows that you have to be in the right place at the right time. I have my eye on a 1998 GSR750 all OK except left fairing for only $2,000. bargains are out there.

4. I bought a very neat Silvia fair few years while they were going for around 15k, I got it for 10k! The best part was that I smacked the tail end into a rock wall (dorifto) and sold it for..... 10k!!! GOLD!

5. iv got a friend who always sells his vehicles for much more than what he paid years earlier :LOL:
    ---

6. I can usually work that too. I drive a MEAN bargain! :LOL:

Regards, Andrew.

7. i bought my 03 BA Fairmont november last year for $12650.
    car yards had them for $21000 with the same Kms and condition.

8. 1998 VTR1000 Firestorm in new condition with 15k on the clock and not a mark on her...

5 grand flat.

9. nice one

f2s are awesome

10. You b@stard!! \:D/

11. $2500 for a 15year old bike? Sorry, doesn't seem like that much of a bargain to me? :?

12.  Top
  13. Last night on Ebay, bought a 2002 Suzuki VL800 Volusia..
    $6501 with only 20k on it

Market value for low kl models is between $9,000 & $10,000. You can get them for $8,500 with high Kl.

Now all I gotta do is make sure it is genuine :)

14. Got a friend who bought a ZX2R for $300 took it the shop
    they told him it would cost $800 for it to be one the road with rego ....

So $1100 total