Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

bent swingarm!!!!

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by adnan12, Jan 2, 2006.

1. I accidently bent a swingarm and getting a roadworthy soon :mad: , will the bent swing arm hinder me from getting a rwc? It's not too bad, but im just a little worried.

2. If it's noticeable then yeah probably, and given how much input a swingarm has on the bikes control, I'd say you're a fool for trying to get RWC with it bent anyway!
  3. Bend or dint? I cant begin to imagine what you were doing that couldve bent your swingarm. If its just a little dint then I dont think you'll have many issues. If its "bent", throw it away and scan the wreckers for another one.
  4. If a swingarm is bent, then surely something else would be damaged as well, swing-arm pivot, frame holding said pivot, etc??
  5. Actually it wasn't bent at all :oops: , I was takinga tyre off and thought I bent it, feel free to abuse me :grin:
  6. So that's all straightened out now :LOL:
  7. You just couldn't help yourself, eh Hornet? :p
  8. Why were you taking the tyre off when the wheel was still on the bike??
  9. sigh, what can I say? I really do restrain myself from making flippant comments about lots of posts, you know, honest :grin:
  10. Bent swing arm taking a tyre of ???? what a malvern star
  11. Boom Boom!

12. hahah, i'm new to biking alright :p, it's the first time I took a tyre off