Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bent GPX Bar

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Johnygg, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Hi,
    I have GPX 250 '93 with a bent right handle bar. It is bent right where it narrows to join the verticle section coming out of the top of the forks. Is there anyway this can be replaced with out replacing the whole top clamp (I think it is called). How much would it cost to fix properly?

2. can you take a picture might give a better idea of what has happened.

did cause this damage or did you buy it this way? if the cause of damage is unknown maybe there are other issues give it a good check.

hope this helps
  3. Fixed Now

Took it to the local bike shop. $51 to fix. New Bar was $36 plus $17 for Labour. If you look at the handle bar, it was bent right where the round section(the bit with the throttle and brake lever) joins the piece that looks to be part of the top clamp. The round peice narrows at this point.

The rest of the bike seems straight...I know it has been dropped before(I got it) but I didn't notice the bent bar.