Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bendigo to Seaspray - First long ride!

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Gobbledegeek, Feb 22, 2011.

1. I will travelling from Bendigo to Seaspray, South of Sale on Thursday. I aim to set off at 5.30am.

It will my longest trip to date and will take in the freeway skirting Melbourne, so I'm a bit apprehensive.

For this reason, I was wondering if anyone has any advise or tips that might prove useful.

2. Its mostly long straight sections of road, stop every now and then to take a break,

Its very boring, and tiring,

Enjoy your ride,
  3. How about this route instead, far more interesting.
  4. watch out for police on the way to seaspray from sale, they sometimes sit out there...
  5. Thanks. I might very well do that on the way back the following Thursday.

Noted, thanks!
  6. if you're staying in seaspray for a bit and would like some nice quiet roads to ride you could either head to dargo or licola.

dargo is more open with a nicer surface and a better shop at the end, or licola is very tight with a pretty crummy shop.

i do both a few times a month.
  7. Agreed, you can't beat the Noojee run to help make that ride interesting! I think I'd rather drive than ride straight through on the freeways, and I hate driving when I can ride! Take it easy and enjoy yourself, regardless :)