Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bells Line of Rd or Gt Western Hwy in the arvo?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by jacks0n, Feb 23, 2012.

1. This is a little late notice but I'm heading up from Sydney to Bathurst tomorrow arvo (Friday) and was wondering if any locals might know which route is a better run on a weekday afternoon.

I'm leaving Sydney Hills area by 3:00pm so plan to be well onroute to either Bells Line of Road or the Great Western Highway by 3:30pm.

Any thoughts?
  2. Dont know what Bells is like at that time but I do know the GWH sux. Full of tourists and roadworks. Take the scenic route.
  3. #3 Tone2, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    Recently there was talk of a learners ride up to Lithgow, and the advice was too much roadwork was happening on the GWH.
  4. take bells line
  5. Thanks guys!
  6. bells line all the way.. just wish it was 100kph
  7. Try to get to North Richmond before 4.00pm. Should have an OK run if you do that.
  8. Appreciate the advice from all. Bells Line of Road payed off on Friday arvo - it was a dream run!

I took the Great Western Highway back today due to the rain, seeing as I'm still a noob on my L's. While the traffic wasn't too bad, cause it was a Sunday morning, it was full of work zones so no fun.