Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bellingen to Macksville - the back way

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by 99CIBBER, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Hi,

Anyone been around this part of the world, passing through Brierfield, Spicketts Creek, Bowraville, Tewinga and Wirrimbi. ?

Planning on doing a Waterfall way - Oxley Hwy loop in November and I want to cut out a section of the boring Pacific Hwy. Is it sealed all the way? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

2. 80% dirt, and not road bike friendly at all, with 100% chance of meeting several logging trucks along the way.
    Unfortunately there is no fun way between Bellingen to Port Mac, there are a few detours but they are up and return on the same roads.

Like from Macksville you have a half hr trip to Taylors Arms

From Bello through to Port there is no less than 6 fixed speed cams so behave even when bored and the temptation is there!

Depending on your time frame , as well as Waterfall way the 40k trip from Ebor to Namboida is a fun and technical ride :angel:
    Then you turn around and do the return but stop short of Ebor and turn left to do Waterfall Way.

If you leave early enough you can do the Oxley , Armidale, Ebor and Waterfall way and then reverse it, it is a hard ride but can be done.
    I used to leave Coffs at sparrow fart and do the return and be back home just before dark.
  3. Bugger, thanks for the report VTRBob. The road to Nymboida and also the road from Wollomombi to Kempsey are on my bucket list! 6 speed cameras aye, WTF! :) I punched in Ebor to Nymboida in google maps and it came up as 80.7 kms. If I ever do a trip from Sydney to Brissy I think I'll do it then, Thanks again dude.