Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bell Star Spirit helmet on order

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Yerpert, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Hi All,
    :sneaky:

Just back-ordered my Bell Star Spirit helmet and Irid visor. It's been getting all good raves about how light and stable it is. In addition to the fact that it offers really good ventilation as well.

Apparently the Spirit model hits the Aussie shores in May so I'll keep any interested riders informed when it gets here.

And..yes....I did a sample sizing here locally on another graphic in the same model so it's all good to go. Can't wait to do some roadtesting.

:)

2. if you're importing one its not legal

3. Police are now more clued up in the non AS helmets as well...

4. Thanks for the advice. Checked all that out.....and you betcha.... it's AS1698 compliant with a shiny little sticker on the back. OZ distributor. That's precisely why it's on 'back-order' otherwise I'd already have a DOT/SNELL rated one on my ugly nut.

5. I've got a Star with Irid myself and fcuking top notch helmet. You'll thoroughly enjoy it. Good choice (y)

• Like Like x 1
  6. they look like a really nice helmet and I was seriously considering one of them to replace my XR1000.. but I just couldn't convince myself to wear a chinese made lid..
    but they are super comfy and do appear very well made..