Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

belated hello

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by nobby, Mar 5, 2005.

1. I owe you guys/gals an apology, I was so glad to find a decent rider forum, I jumped straight in without saying "hello".
    So here it is a belated Hello, G'day, and Owarya.
    Don't know if I'm the oldest newbie but sometimes I feel like the oldest 250 rider on the planet. Sold my last bike 25 yrs ago to get the deposit for a home, and it's taken me this long to get another oone. To make matters worse I let my bike licence slide (ex QLDer) when we moved down here and here I am starting all over again.
    So if you see a black ZZR ridden by a garden gnome in a blue helmet, gimme a wave or a nod, cause you would have made my day......

p.s. I heard that Ross McKay of RMR Performance in Ferntree Gully was seriously hurt in a bike accident a few months back. Does anybody know how he is getting on? I don't know him well, I bought my first ZZR through him and thought he was a pretty straight up guy.

2. No apology needed Nobby - welcome to the forums! ZZRs are great bikes. Good to see you riding again. I hope that if I ever stop riding for a reason, I too get back into it later in life. Good stuff :wink:

Safe riding and hope to see you out on a ride or at a coffee night sometime.

PS. Don't worry, there's a few gnomes around :LOL: :LOL:
  3. Welcome and enjoy :D

Lisa :twisted:
  4. Belated welcome aboard..

We dont live that far apart. We have probably crosses paths without even realizing at some stage or another.
  5. Cause then we would need a smart women to run the launch pad :p
  6. welcome mate
  7. Welcome Nobby, you're not the only one with a long time between bike ownership.