Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Belated Hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Funkmonkey, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

I got stuck straight into the forums without actually introducing myself!

Well im a new L plater from Altona Meadows, got my license, what, 3 weeks ago or so now, went out and bought my first bike that week, a VERY sexy Blue 09 Ninja 250r.

Ive had a fair bit of experience on scooters working for a Major Events security company, a good portion of that actually doing laps around Phillip Island at night (DAMN thats cold work) and a fair amount of farm biking and trailing over the years. I finally decided i would follow my old mans lead, borrow his old leathers and helmet and get my license and a bike, and here i am!

Im currently a student at RMIT Point Cook and loving the course, so between study and a fairly low paid job the only pleasure i get these days is getting out on the Ninjette as often as possible!

Been trying to get to the Sat learners sessions and Sun rides but unfortunately have had to replace some of my gear so havent had the petrol, and due to working Fri/Sat nights i quite literally havent had the energy to be up that early anyway. Have managed to do the bay ride and the Great Ocean road already and thoroughly enjoyed myself, so im a definant biker for life now.

Anyhow, hopefully will try and catch up with some of you soon, if anyone local (or even not so local) to me wants to get out for a ride, feel free to PM me any time.

The Funk
  2. Oh, and on another note, have another 3 people at uni seriously considering getting on bikes too so ill probably be pointing them this way an all!
  3. Welcome right back :) Nice of your dad to lend you his leathers. My leathers have been so expensive ... sigh
  4. Haha he didnt exactly have a choice im afraid, he passed away about 11 years ago. Still looks after me tho, first time i put them on i found $25 in the pocket!

Yeah ive spent a few hundred just getting my boots and a helmet the last couple of weeks, leathers will be next.... not that i can afford it!
  5. Hope to see you at one of these Sat/Sun learners rides i as yet havent been able to get to :D
  6. Welcome mate, I'm from Caroline springs area, so west sideee too :)

PGriz aka SirG aka GrizIT - via Tapatalk
  7. Definitely still looking after you :) Planning to go to the sessions ... Might be a while before I get up the nerve to ride there thou!