Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

belated hello

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by vtecr, May 10, 2009.

1. Hello everyone and sorry to take so long to write since a member - i always have browsed on this website last few years until i had to join to do a search!

I think this is one of the best forum in terms of depth and character available to new and experience riders available!

I had my L's and P's in 2000 and 2001 respectively and rode for a total of maybe 4000km in my lifetime until now!

Now through a change of marital status (sold my first bike in 2003 for the mortage) bought a 07 cbr600rr with 1700km. Trust me, everyday in between i long to ride and look in jealosy at everybike that goes by.

For the beginners, it is always good to have an experience rider being there for you like i found when i got my learners on a Wed (and the brand new bike delivered to me 2 hours later) and going to the black spur (4 days later) with 40 km under my belt. My jaws drop when i saw corners and a friend of mine -Ron, said i will be behind you and just take your pace and don't mind other traffic. Everyone else had gone off into the distance then.

Since then i have had the pleasure of being the last guy and following 3 of my friends who just started riding. I understood their emotions!

What most people on this forum want to do is help others!

Keep up the good work and ride safe!
  2. welcome mate, ride safe :biker:
  3. Welcome to Netrider; there's a lifetime's worth of information and experience on here, that's for sure.
  4. Welcome to NR mate !!!!
  5. A big welcome from me too
  6. Hi and welcome to NR.