Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Belated Hello to all

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by PGriz, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Been on the forum for a while, but never Introduced myself, so here is a little intro. I'm from western melbourne, i obtained my L's about 1 year ago, been slowly saving for a bike.

As i was saving a friend had a bike unused and let me loan it, so I was riding a lent 2008 ninja 250r, mate had 2 bikes and the ninja was idling doing nothing.

Long story, but as a learner I was cut off at a roundabout (posted about it somewhere on here), so I had an off and well minor injuries to my right leg that got pinned and mainly fairing damage to the ninja, offered to buy it at the time as I felt terrible and it was the right thing to do, the offer was refused, mate just said, shit happens your okay, fix it and it'll be fine ( great mate).

So fixed the bike and my brother in law now rides the ninja.

Since then I refused to lend any more bikes as I was saving because I didn't want to face a similar situation in the event of me coming off.

So I've been slowly saving for my own bike, every time I seem to have enough funds, family responsibilities and bills take priority eating away at my savings. Eventually manage to save just enough for my first bike.

Now I am the proud owner of a 1999 vtr250, not the newest of bikes, a little love and attention is needed, mainly cosmetically, but so far so good, runs well and starts everytime.

So hello and a big shout out to all :)

PGriz aka SirG aka GrizIT - via Tapatalk

2. Hi PGriz and welcome to NR.

Congrats on finally getting your bike. The wait will be worth it.
  3. Cheers, feels good to have my OWN ride :)

4. Welcome to NR.

Congrats on the bike. Ride safe.
  5. welcome
    bit of a story there, good that's it's worked out ok (y)
  6. Welcome PGriz, get yourself to sat morn prac sessions, show your ride off.. popular bike to learn on the vtr..
  7. Cheers all, I know someone who's been sat morning rides with you all before, may eventually join you all, for now will do laps of my block to get the confidence up first. :)