Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Beginners Ride

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mikek, Dec 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. At a few of the recent bigger rides there has been talk of organising a beginners ride to give some newer riders a chance to get used to group riding with a gentler pace on some easier roads. I was thinking of going for a casual cruise this coming Sunday and thought this might be a great opportunity to do this.
    The route I was thinking of would be out through Cranbourne to Lang Lang, then up to Drouin then Noojee for lunch, back to Yarra Junction and down to Emerald, then from there either back to Rowville, or down to Berwick and back to the city that way. These roads are a fun ride without being too tricky, and get slightly more challenging as the day goes on.
    Anyway, this post is just to gauge interest, if I get anyone interested I'll post something to the events calender in the next day or so, if not, I'll just head out by myself :)

2. Hey Mike. I like the sounds of this ride. Will let you know if I can make it.
  3. Will be unavailable for this one :cry:

We were supposed to go to Alexandra for the weekend, but due to fires we are going to head to the GOR instead :grin:

If for some reason this falls through, you can count Andrew and I in. :wink:
  4. Interested, I may have to shift a few things around... shall confirm later in the week.
  5. Cool guys, I was planning on starting around 10-11am.. I'll post up details tomorrow.
  6. You might want to ring the cafe in Noojee and let them know your coming,
    when we stopped there the other week on the trip to tarra valley...they had NO food, coffee, cake and lollies was all they had.
  7. Yeah, it might be an idea. If it comes to it we can always head upto the pub, they have pretty reasonable cheap counter meals all day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.