Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Beer Lovers - 2006 Australian Beer awards results

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by jd, May 12, 2006.

1. Results are in from this years International Beer Awards:
    -The Grand Champion Trophy for 2006 was awarded last night to The Redoak Brewery of Sydney for its Redoak Special Reserve. The brewery also won the National Liquor News Trophy for Champion Specialty Beer at the Awards Presentation dinner in Melbourne.

-The 2006 Premier’s Trophy for the Best Victorian Beer was won by Mountain Goat Surefoot Stout, brewed by Mountain Goat Beer, Richmond, Victoria.

-The inaugural Gary Sheppard Memorial Trophy for Best New Exhibitor was awarded to the Last Drop Brewery, Western Australia.

-The University of Ballarat Vice-Chancellor’s Trophy for Champion Australasian Brewery – Little Creatures Brewing, Western Australia

-International Malting Company Trophy for Champion International Brewery - Schneider Weisse, Private Weissbierbrauerei, Bavaria, Germany

-Australian Engineered Brewing Services Trophy for Champion Small Brewery - Paddy’s Brewery, New South Wales

-Visy Industries Trophy for Champion Lager – Tooheys New, Tooheys Pty Ltd, New South Wales

-City of Ballarat Trophy for Champion Reduced Alcohol Beer – Carlton Mid, Fosters Australia, Queensland

-Lancer Pacific Trophy for Champion Ale - BridgePort India Pale Ale, BridgePort Brewing Company, Oregon, USA

-Champion Stout – Mountain Goat Surefoot Stout, Mountain Goat Beer, Victoria

-Champion Packaging Award – Moo Brew Pilsner, Moorilla Estate, Tasmania, Australia
  2. What Tooheys New is doing in this company is beyond me, unless Tooheys sponsored the event :)
  3. They're kidding, aren't they?
    Ptooeys New tastes like it's been strained through a goat.
  4. Seems a bit odd. Surely theres small premium breweries which can produce a better Lager than Tooheys New :?

Im sure the judges know a good beer, and the tests would have been done in unmarked glasses. Definatly not to my taste though :) (and my tastes arent too picky, I will take VB over New any day)

Full results here