Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"BEEP" wtf?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ngalbrai, Apr 7, 2011.

1. So there I am this morning minding my own business, making a hash of parking my bike on Sussex street, don’t usually commute on motorbike, new rider, parking skills not refined... OCD kicking in about how I park, anyway:

“BEEP” whoa, stop, look up, who did that, why?

No idea, carry on shuffling the bike around.

“BEEP” seriously, wtf?

“BEEP” – gaaah who, the…

...no, wait, tank bag and horn button touching when bars at full lock

– what a tool.

Made me laugh – at myself.

2. Better the horn than the engine start button ;).

3. Very funny. Sort of thing I would do.

4. bwahahaha i've done that before! but i always knew it was me the first time around :p

5. lol just needs to be sped up and have the benny hill theme music playing, hillarity will insue x10.

6. If I put my tank bag on then I usually get the horn once or twice turning my bike around in the carport (5 point turn haha). You are not alone :)

7. classic... I've scared myself a time or two by beeping my horn (usually when turning the indicator off). I usually knew I'd done it tho. That was hilarious!

8. hahaha, its pretty hilarious when a rider has a brain fart and hits the horn, especially when you see them jump and then look around meekly.

We all do it :)

9. Glad we all do it. I did it in traffic the other day, the car in front looked in their mirror, and I turned around as if you blame it on the guy behind me. But there was nobody there.

10. Ya gotta be able to laugh at yourself. :)
    Good one! :)

11. HAHA!! Double fail!

12. Ah love these threads where everyone starts admitting to something they thought they were the only one who ever did it.

I always do it when there's a car in front doing nothing wrong.

13. done that before! I just pretend nothing happens when i realise its me :D

14. I do that with my tank bag :D. Turning the bars left and the horn button hits the corner.
    Also when i wear my thick winter gloves sometimes the tip of the thumb catches the button and does the same thing...

15. Used to do it all the time when I was first starting to ride when fiddling with the indicators... Gave people walking their dogs a jump :|