Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Becoming a netrider

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Mitch Lowther, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Hi Everyone,

I'm yet to even get my licence, I have the L's beginner day or whatever it is here in NSW booked in for the following two fridays.
    I've wanted to get a bike for a while but have only just recently started looking seriously at it.

I've decided to start out on LAMS i'll be going for a Ninja 300 - just seem to be a fair few around and not too expensive, with a bit of power at least? hopefully.
    I've just started looking into all the gear and am a bit overwhelmed with all the options and not really sure what is just marketing hype and what to get?
    Hopefully once i'm set up I could come out for a ride and catch up with a few of you and start getting into the community a bit :D
    Look forward to seeing you around!

• Like Like x 1
  2. welcome aboard :] starting with a LAMS is a good choice :]
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Welcome Mitch, There is a wide range of motorcycle gear from cheap to sheep station prices. Helmet, Jacket and Boots. Textile jacket is probably the most versatile for starting out. Kevlar Jeans will give you some protection in a slide. Wet weather overpants to combat the Sydney weather.

4. Welcome. You have no choice but to start on LAMS.
    When you get a bike, come for a ride. Also look for the MOST practice sessions at Homebush each Saturday.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Welcome to the forum!
  6. #6 Mitch Lowther, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    Thanks for that cjvfrcjvfr - that's what the guys at mcas told me about the kevlar jeans and over pants also, so looks like i'll be doing that :)

Definitely will TWEETTWEET - i'll need all the help i can get and would be good to meet a few new people :D

Thanks for the warm welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Welcome to the two wheeled family :)
  8. New rider + LAMS + Ninja 300.......

You'll fit right in.
  9. Welcome mate
  10. G'day Mitch, you can relax as you're in good hands on this site
  11. I spent countless hours on gumtree and eBay looking for bargains, trying to save $50 here and there and getting to know what I wanted. I saw sydney City Motorcycles had a sale and went, managed to pickup a shark speed-r helmet, Rynus jacket (weatherproof) and Berik boots all for just over $700 :)

I'm really happy with everything so far, except the boots are waaay too tight - normally a size 42, these are a 43 and I think I need a minimum 44/45.
    Would post pics but it appears I can't :(

Now just need a bike
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Not yet. you will have to wait until your account upgrades to Member status. Keep posting and that and other parts of the site will open up gradually. Glad you have your gear sorted, do you have an idea on the style of bike you are after?
  13. Welcome to NR...
  14. With a yoshi.....

G'day mate
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Howdy and welcome :) Good luck with getting your L's!
  16. Hahaha cheers mate :)

Makes perfect sense.

Also got a drop in aplinestars KR-1 back protector. not the wrap around one, just the insert - pretty tough.
    anyways, i have the final l's day and theory test this friday, if i pass then this weekend for finding the bike :D can't wait
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Hello and good luck with the L's :D
  19. I went to Mars leathers in Melb Cbd. Bought everything I needed in 1 hour.
  20. Howdy Mitch & Welcome to NR!