Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Beattie Just Retired from Politics!!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by cookeetree, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Just heard a quick news grab on the radio that said Pete's pulled the pin from politics!

2. "And a parade of grey-suited grafters, the choice of cancer, or polio"

"Salt of the earth", Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
  3. [​IMG]
  4. I think he's quoting the lyrics of "Salt of the Earth". I'm not sure why, but then I'm young and foolish and shouldn't be expected to know such things. :)
  5. Perhaps the full quote might ease your puzzlement.

Spare a thought for the stay-at-home voters,
    Their empty eyes stare at strange beauty shows
    And a parade of grey-suited grafters
    The choice of cancer or polio....
  6. being from sydney i don't really care,

but i am curious as to what Q'landers think. good, bad, bout friggin time, and why thats the case.
  7. We supposed to know WTF Beattie is? :LOL:

Name rings a bell tho. :p
  8. Isn't he Q'lands head embezler?? i mean premier.
  9. a white collar crim? are you serious?

i REALLY like him. from what ive seen [not much] i like and think he's a top guy.

cheers :cool:
  10. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
  11. Of all the people I thought I'd have to explain this obvious quote to, smee, you would have been at the bottom of the list....

Isn't any choice in politics the choice of cancer or polio???
  12. you're making plenty of good sense paul but i cant help myself on this one

nope, it's either a rheme or a probe that reaches all the way to ya hip pocket

13. I live in Ipswich - an area pretty much ignored for 20 years or so by Joh the Peanut Farmer, so Peter Beattie has made improvement after improvement compared to the Nationals etc. My kids get air-conditioned class rooms next year thanks to the Cool School initiative.

I'll miss Premier Pete, but now we've got the first Chick to run the state!!! My little girls are so excited - a girl in power!
  14. He did some good for the State (some bad, too), but I'm so over seeing his face on the news at every letter opening...