Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Be still my thumping heart

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by VTRBob, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Hi guys / girls ,
    Still cant belive this happened last night but i gota get it outa my system, :?

Nothing on the box last night so at Aprox 8.30ish so thought i'd go up to my local 'blockbuster' etc. About 2k's from home I stopped at a set of traffic lights. No cross rd, just one of those pedestrian sets ( no one crossing over ) so im starting to shake my head and think bloody kids :LOL: :LOL:

When i see im my mirrors a set of headlights in my lane, and not looking like there slowing down ....... 10secs later im dropping the clutch and jumping the red light to save my arse from becoming roadkill.
    Not 50mtrs on the other side of the lights i get a high beam flash from the car that was about to run me over, THEN IT HAPPENED ! from that very car two nice shiny RED and BLUE lights started to flash at me as well !!

WTF ??? so i pull over as does the crumydore and mr plod gets out and aproaches me, im about to really let fly when he gets in 1st. "dont panic im not booking you for running that light, if you hadn't of moved i most prob would have hit you, so a big congrats for being so alert"

He totally admited to not paying att and thinking back through the days events, and couldn't appolagise enough. Then went on to say hows he's spose to be the one out there setting the example, and could of, would of hit me if i didn't 'gun it' !!

He also wanted me go back to the station and fill in a near miss report with him, I had to then back pedal and say no thanks thats ok we all make mistakes, no real harm done :) even though i wanted to :twisted:

But those that are in the know, know why i couldn't !!!!
    So i recon i've got about 5 lives left ( we get nine like cats too right) ?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

2. Good story! :arrow:
  3. Good skills Bob. Definately a valuable lesson that one about keeping the bike in gear and being on the lookout.
  4. OMG!!! :shock: :shock: :evil: At least he acknowledged it was his fault! How many cops do you see speeding, who then take pleasure in pulling over others :evil: :roll: . Tatts ticket time for you, methinks, Bob!

:D :D :D
  5. Hahaha Bob you are 1 lucky boy :LOL: :LOL: ;)
  6. Very lucky mate, on all counts.
  7. that is the most amazing thing I have ever heard...

I thought cops had some some special driving abilities that are imparted to them in police adademy... which allows them to drive how they want. :p

who should have the higher insurance premium I wonder?
  8. Man that musta been close!
  9. Unbelievable!
  10. :shock: Gosh, I was sure there wasn't going to be a happy ending to that story!

11. well done Bob, :p saved your own skin on that one! 8) Kinda makes me want to put my mirrors back on... :eek:
  12. That's scary! :shock: Onya Bob for being on the lookout :applause:
  13. fark me mate!! i add a coupla shades of brown to my lucky undies every time i see a cop out of the corner of my eyes these day, let alone being pulled over like that :shock: well done champ, i reckon that used up more than 1 of the nine lives tho :?
  14. Thanks guys/girls for your thoughts..

yes i did go out and get a lotto ticket today
    yes my reg grundys almost had a colour change ! :p
    YES i did have a nice sambuca and coke when i got back home
    :D :twisted: :D

76 days to go :? :twisted: :?
  15. Congrats VTRAvenger. You certainly seem to lead an interesting life on that motorcycle of yours.
  16. wow :shock: Thank god you where paying attention. Good on ya

Lisa :twisted:
  17. wow thats unreal.....
  18. Yikes! A real close one indeed .. on both counts :) Washed off the brown stuff seeping down the side of the seat yet?
    I hope you committed his name to memory? You might just come across him again one day, and you might need a get out of jail free card from him :wink:
  19. Did better than that i got his card :twisted:
    Plus i now know there's at least one unmarked Dark blue VTSS crumydore working my area

20. Naa nothing like that he just forgot to get a note from his mum :wink: