Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Be aware of dodgy bike seller

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Kevo954, Dec 26, 2013.

1. #1 Kevo954, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2013
    A little story to tell:

I originally purchased a second hand black 2010 Honda Fireblade with ABS, 12,500klms on the speedo from a private seller in Coburg. After doing all the transfers and insurance I had contacted Honda Australia for what may have been a recall issue, they had told me what warranty work had been done on the bike, this is where things took a turn for the worst. First warranty work was November 2011 at 19,000klms then Jan 2012 at 22,000klms and finally June 2012 at 25,000klms.

So instead of the bike having 12,500klms it has a minimum of 37,000klms. I contacted the owner who bought it new and confronted him about the kays and he said that Honda had it wrong and he had records to prove it so I asked him to email the records.

A short time later he rang me asking if I wanted my cash back which of course I accepted, upon doing the paperwork at Vicroads I told him not to advertise it with 12,000klms to which he said he wouldn't as he was going to keep the bike.

A month later he has re-advertised the bike with the same kays (bike sales ad actually shows 10,500). I have contacted both vic police and bike sales about the fraudulent and misleading ad so be aware.

This is the Fireblade that is advertised: http://splashurl.com/kownovq

I have since traded my 2007 Honda Blackbird on a brand new 2012 red Honda Fireblade at a great price without the need of dealing with any dodgy sellers. OH HAPPY DAYS, loving the new bike.

http://splashurl.com/l5hmalk

2. Nice one. You were really lucky to get your money back.

3. What will the police do?

4. Eat more donuts

5. #5 Vertical C, Dec 26, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    Wouldnt the service history show the kms at each oil change?

If they didnt have that then other things make the kms a dead giveaway. Because ypu would be suspicious why a three year old bike doesnt have service history at all.

Reporting to bikesales, that is such a stupid thing to post and adds nothing, wouldnt you think that now people who have a bike to selll are now going to report all the other bikes for sale to eliminate the competition. Why give people these ideas?

Become a bike owner and you might understand Justus.

6. 01_pot_calls_kettle_black.

It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Rob and everyone else are bike owners, not that its relevant.

Justus.

• Like Like x 1