Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bayliss to miss Motegi through Injury

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by rc36, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Troy Bayliss will probably not race again until the AGP at Phillip Isalnd after breaking his wrist in a motorcross acccident during the 4 week mid-season break.

Torhu Ukawa has been drafted into the team to accompany Alex Barros, but the injury couldn't have come at a worse time for Bayliss who has had a miserable season on the Camel Honda.

If the injury does not heal quickly, Bayliss will miss the two rounds that follow Motegi, Malaysia and Qatar.

Can't really get much worse with the end of the season approaching and contracts being negotiated.
  2. Yeah bad luck for Troy, but I will be suprised if he misses more than the Motegi round, it is apparently a minor fracture.

Ukawa will be one to watch at Motegi, he has a pretty good record there and is an outside chance for a podium I reckon.
  3. Never discount the local riders at Japanese events
    Remember Tamada a few years ago at the WSBK round at Sugo????
  4. Yeah, that was a great race. Awesome to see the wildcards up the front.

Tamada hasn't been having a very good season this year (mainly injury related), and I don't think things will change much even at his home GP.
  5. I read recently that Troy might head back to WSBK on a Ducati. Probably the best move for him, he'll never be a top ranking MotoGP rider as much as I'd wish him to be. This might be a silver lining in a pretty dark cloud he's been under recently.