Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bay Cruise this weekend - Sunday.

Discussion in 'VIC' at netrider.net.au started by jimmy_g, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Hey Guys, Im goin for a crusie around the bay on sunday and you are more than welcome to join me if you like!

This will be a slow paced trip very suitable for learners (im on LAMS) to enjoy some city beach roads and some sunshine. Not expecting a huge group so wont be 'leading' as such. Just a nice chilled cruise to Sorrento for lunch. We will find a cafe for a drink and a good meal, then jump on the ferry over to Queenscliff then back to Melb via Geelong (I will be staying in Geelong and not heading back to Melboure). Stopping approx every hour to stretch the legs/smoko.

Im planning on the following trip:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...408477150418979559.00049934e4abfb0001bf6&z=10

Fitzroy to Frankston (1h 30m)
    Arrive 930am Depart 1000am

Frankston (15min rest stop) to Sorrento (1h 15m)
    Arrive 1130am Depart 1145am

Sorrento (1hour Lunch break) to Queenscliff (45m)
    Arrive 100pm Depart 200pm

Queenscliff to Geelong via Ferry (45m)
    Arrive 245pm Depart 245pm

Geelong (15min rest stop) to Todd Rd Servo (1h)
    Arrive 330pm Depart 345pm Arrive 445pm

A one way ferry ticket is $35.50 for rider and motorcycle.
    Let me know if you are interested :)

2. I'm definitely keen on this one, especially since it's my last day of holidays before returning to work on Monday. Not 100% sure if I'll take the ferry ride across, but will see how we go on the day.

3. Would love to but my partner has me booked already. :(

Hopefully in future as I haven't dont anything longer than 2 hours on the bike so far and need to practise.

4. oopsie

5. bugger, was actually interested in this ride, but as I was for some unexplainable reason unable to log on to Netrider since Thursday night I missed it.