Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by fast, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Is it ok to use a trikkle charger on a ZZR600 without dammage to the electric system?

2. What do you define as a trickle charger? Does it "float" when battery gets fully charged?

If so - then perfect for motorcycles (or any 12V battery) and electrical system

The car shop ones for $25 will charge quicker, but you have to ensure you turn them off when battery fully charged.
  3. I use the Projecta AC150. Under $40 at Bursons. Go to PS & it will cost you $80. :roll:
  4. its fine
    but i persoanaly prefer to disconnect the battery at te positive termianal when i hook up the charger. the only reson being i tend to always knock the clamp over in the garage and blow a fuse somewhere.
  5. Proper bike trickle chargers are constantly connected to the battery. You connect this to the AC adapter when you need to charge up the battery.
  6. ive got a 750mA trickle charger for my bike. i leave the battery connected to the bike. i've also set up a cable that protrudes from my 'boot/under the pillion seat' which i use to hook up my charger.

i turn the trickle on for a few hours (3 to 4) if i haven't ridden my bike in a week.
  7. I use a 'battery fighter' from jaycar (around $50).

It comes with a plug or two you can bolt to the battery for a convenient hookup port, that looks like it was made for bikes.

Unlike a trickle charger it will only top up the battery when needed, so you can leave it plugged in at all times. Trickle chargers will damage the battery eventually.