Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

battery powered heated gloves

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Oldmaid, Jul 24, 2015.

1. So after my near frozen finger tip experience a few weekends ago with my bloody expensive Dianese winter gauntlets, I purchased some LiOH battery heated gloves.
    They turned up with in 36 hours of ordering.
    They are super warm even without the heating on but are a tad bulky feeling but you can ride okay with them once you get used to them
    They are waterproof and on first look, I thought they had a hint of the Maxwell Smart's about them but they don't feel bulky on at all.
    Thye are super easy to operate.
    The batteries did take overnight to charge and I bought some spares to carry if I do another long ride in the cold.
    I would highly recommend them $169.
    The brand is Venture Heat and I bought them through Zarkie.
    IMG_0795.JPG IMG_0796.JPG

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. I had a look at these today and they are not as bulky as my Five brand winter gloves. To my eyes they look like good value for heated gloves.
    For anyone considering these, please be aware that they do not have any armour or reinforced areas at all.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Very interesting I sware by heated grips
  4. Next bike...didn't want to put heated grips on the whinja...not going to value add when selling in December...
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Good point! I love all sorts of heated clothing :)
  6. I've got battery powered heated underwear.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. i have got heated grips and they work good but around -3 degrees the finger tips still freeze , but still love em , Leroy
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I like the concept but they look kinda thick - would you have to buy gloves a size or two bigger to fit those in?
  9. Not sure.. was just throwing the idea out there... :)