Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Battery heating up too much??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by GForce, Jun 27, 2006.

1. ok i recently got a new battery for my bike but the weirdest thing is i think the battery is heating up too much because i can feel sometimes feel the heat on on my seat sometimes.
    is that a problem? its holding charge and everything but just worried that the battery is no good. if so i can get a replacement.

2. Sounds like its getting over-charged, regulator may be knackered.

Get the trusty multi-meter out and check what the voltage across the battery is. 14.4V is the upper limit.

Head down to the trusty mechanic and discuss the fault. Chances are this won't be the first time they would have had this problem reported.

Good luck and be careful around a over-charging battery. Hydrogen gas is produced as part of charging. But if its getting over-charged, there's gonna be MORE HYDROGEN GAS.

The HYDROGEN GAS is explosive
  3. Check the voltage charge. If it is over the top limit, have it rectified immediately.