Hey all, I need to pick the brain of netrider on this one. Right so I picked up a zxr250 and in the two weeks I have owned it I have cleaned and re-jetted the carbs, had the clutch replaced and basically got it running smoothly again after it sat for a year in the previous owners garage. When I was on the way home from a ride I noticed the headlights getting dim and it stalled on me at a set of lights. It seamed to cough and splutter whenever I would put the indicator or headlights on. I came to the conclusion that it was a flat battery and push started it. I managed to get it home by not letting the revs drop below 4k rpm at any time or it would stall. Took the battery out when I got home and charged it overnight. I put it back in the bike first thing in the morning and it started, however the headlights were still dim. Not having a multimeter I just assumed that it was a bad battery from sitting for a year and purchased another one. So I get new battery last Saturday, chuck the acid in it and went out for a natio run. Seemed to be going great guns. Then, on the way home in almost exactly the same place it stalls again. Flat battery. I check the battery and It seems that it has boiled? one of the caps has popped of and there is a bit of acid here and there. It still is within the normal level though. I am now concluding that the regulator rectifier is failing causing the battery to overcharge? Does this sound correct? It seems counter intuitive as one of the symptoms was dim headlights. Thanks for taking the time to read. Advice much appreciated, I just want the thing running again!