Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Batteries - good outcome

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' at netrider.net.au started by leight1974, Oct 31, 2007.

1. just had a very good experience with buying a new battery and thought i would share the story

I purchased a battery from battery world (century yuasa suppliers)... they do a great range of bike batteries with nationwide warranty

I bought a battery from the fawkner (vic) store as recomended by a few mates... got a good yuasa and was well looked after.

4 weeks ago i was in cairns (long good ride) and left something on..... battery sh*t itself but rang the fawkner store and explained my situation (most of it)he arranged for me to go to the nearest Battery world store and swap the battery under warranty (lucky the charging system was perfect)

never had service like that before brought in vic and replaced in far north qld under warranty......
    excellent service and quality...
    you don't see much of this anymore

2. Im pretty sure legally everything has a 12 month warranty unless otherwise stated.

All nationwide chain stores should do the same thing.

Very convenient in your case. Might have to check out battery world cause my battery is crap. Leave it for 2 days and you have to jump start it :(

3. WHILE I WAS THERE HE SHOWED ME A AUTO CHARGER WHICH IS PERFECT FOR BIKES AS IT CAN BE PLUGED IN AND LEFT ON FOR MONTHS