Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bathroom Renovation

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by pat65, Apr 4, 2007.

1. I have decided to update my old early 70's bathroom. I have never done a bathroom project before so its going to be a bit of trial and error.
    I need a new shower base, two sided shower screen, a vanity, floor and wall tiles and tapware. Just wondering if anyone knows of any places to purchase these items at a bargain price.
    And any tips would be great. Thanks.

2. I'd be going straight to Bunnings. They would have everything you need at the lowest prices and they give great advice too. If you go onto their website, they have a projects page which I am sure will have a DIY project for a bathroom.
  3. For your tiles, adhesive and grout, Bunnings or Mitre 10.

For your taps, Reece Plumbing - you'll save a packet. Also get some tips if you're stuck - the Reece boys are great as are Mitre 10.

Shower base and screen, not sure but I believe there are places who sell seconds - maybe Bob's Bargains would be your best bet. They sell discount building supplies.

Good luck - I replaced part of the wall tiles recently and they're not too bad - I would recommend replacing the cement sheeting as it can rot - make sure you get the waterproof type!
  4. Thanks for the advice guys.
    Bunnings seems ok for tiles but I wouldn't touch their vanitys, seemed poor quality and way over priced. They didnt have much in the way of shower stuff either.
    I found a place to purchase the shower and vanity at a great price. :grin:
    Will probably end up going to Bunnings for the tiles.

I started to rip the bathroom apart yesterday so there's no turning back now. I am tossing up on what to do today, work on bathroom? Or Netrider ride? Hard choice. :wink:

And happy belated Birthday Flipper. Hope your party went well.
  5. My step father works for Reece......
    make a list of what you need ( go into a showroom and look at what they have) then send me a PM of the list,
    I will get him to price the items for you(including a staff discount) then you can make up your mind if you want to buy from them or not.
    I recently got a vanity unit for a friend, retailed at $800, I got it for $400.
  6. Try these guys, they had great prices when i bought stuff there last year.

Big Hen Building Bathroom & Plumbing SuppliesBathroom Renovations. Ph: (03) 9792 2929 http://www.bighen.com.au/
    269 Princes Hwy
    VIC, 3175
  7. Thanks Caz, I will definately take you up on that for the tapware.

Thats great advice Woodsy. I have visited their Seaford branch and I will be buying the vanity & shower from them. They had the cheapest prices that I could find and good products.
  8. I wouldn't go to Bunnings if you want low prices, customer service or quality.

Regards, Andrew.