Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Basic Maintenance Courses (in sydney)

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by Jessman, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Hey,

I'd really like to do a basic maintence course so I dont have to fork out tonnes of money every service. Anyone know of any courses aroudn sydney? I heard Sydney City Motorcycles do a course but not sure?

Anyone know of any courses?

2. Hi Jessman,

I've been to Sydney City Motorcycle course. It dont see it as much helpful, maybe others might think differently.
    Maybe because too much crowd in the course. Its not a hands on course, they just show you whats inside the engine, how to adjust chains, dumpers. Check fluids, breaks, cables, etc.
    I thinks AUD$80 bucks is a bit too much (forgot the actual cost). I would prefer to have a hands on.
    When I was doing my rider testing at Stay Upright, Clyde 6 months ago, they have basic maitenance course and you have to bring your own bike so that you do it yourself. Im still trying to find time to do that course. Its on every Friday night, might work checking it out.