Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Barry Sheene Festival of Speed 2012

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by talon, Apr 2, 2012.

• Like Like x 3
  1. great pics :) thanks for sharing with the ones that couldnt make it there
  2. excellent pics... some very nice machinery there.

Slightly off topic...

In Bazza's book, he tells of a race at Silverstone where one spectator made a point in each lap of showing Bazz his t-shirt which read, "Sheene is a Wanker".

At the end of the race, Bazz pulled up against the fence to see the guy, who would have been expecting some smack-talk or similar. What Bazz said to him was simply along the lines of, "Good on you for having the balls to wear that t-shirt."
  3. Great pics. This is the first year I couldn't make it. Devistated! Looks like it was a great weekend as usual. Thanks for sharing.
  4. Great pics,especaly The Laverda.6 starts and 6 wins,probably the fastest Laverda in the world
  5. Brilliant photo, simply brilliant.

Seeing someone doing what they love when their physical state would normally prevent them from doing it... really warms me up inside.

Thanks for that.
  6. He was lucky to be out there; on Saturday he had huge problems with the bike with starting and staying running once it had.

Here's my contribution.....

This is the other bike that circulated with Croz on the RG-500 at lunch-time on Saturday.
  7. And that reminds me of a Barry Sheene DVD, where Barry tells of a British GP race when he and Steve Parrish were team mates. Barry had retired early, but Steve had taken the lead on a damp track and looked good for the win.
    Barry held out a pitboard sign saying "Gas it Wanker", to which Parrish thought, "right' I'll show you", and promptly binned the bike on the next corner.
    Both Barry and Steve pissed themselves laughing about it.