Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Barry Sheene .. Anybody?????

Discussion in 'Racing, Motorsports, and Track Days' started by nobby, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Only 7 days to go to one of the biggest events (I still prefer the Supers) on the Australian motorcycle calender and nothing mentioned about the Barry Sheene run, is anybody going?

It's a great event for a great cause, there is almost no better buzz than riding in group and if you can imagine riding in a group of close to a thousand or more bikes, with towns coming to a stop to watch and wave as you ride through, and to top it off you get to do a circuit (slowly and controlled) of the track.

this from the official website.... The ride departs on Thursday the 13 October from Bairnsdale at 9.30am. Riders will travel along the Princes Highway to Morwell where there will be a stopover for lunch at approximately 11.30am.

At 12:50pm the ride will depart Morwell and travel through the winding hills of the Strzelecki Highway and onto the Bass Highway through Inverloch and Wonthaggi to San Remo. Here, the ride will regroup ready to conclude with a lap around the Grand Prix circuit at approximately 3.50pm.

Every rider should do it at least once I reckon.

and what of the Cranny run on Sat'dee .. I don't do it but only because I like to get to the track early to experience every moment, but it's another good buzz especially if you haven't done it before.
  2. Timing doesn't work for us this year (will be somewhere around Narooma on Thursday morning) - but we did it last year and completely agree with you. An amazing experience and definitely something you should do if you can.

Riding two abreast through red lights etc. with local residents, old peoples homes and schools turned out onto the streets to wave you through. A great way to arrive at the island.