Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bar risers

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by typhoon, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Where do I get them from? Do bike shops carry them? I need to bring my bars up about 2" or so. Anyone online sell them?

Regards, Andrew.

2. check most of the major bike shops , maye road rocket , you can check there web site if you do a search.

3. I got mine from the local bike shop. Looking at about $40.

4. You could try Rod Tingate out at Wonga Park he used to make them. I cannot be sure if he still does. His telephone number is (03) 9722 1884 I cannot remember how much he was charging for them.

5. They type of 'riser' you get will depend on the type of bike you ride and what the handlebar arrangement anf fairing clearances allow. Remember that changing the height or angle of the bars might require replacing clutch, or throttle cables with longer cables.

Helibars are in the USA and make bar risers and replacements for many different models. I bought replacement handlebars for one of my bikes from them a few years ago. They come with detailed installation instructions and whatever replacement cables may be required. I bought them direct from the manufacturer via their website because they had no Aussie distributor but I believe that Mick Hone in Box Hill might be an authorised distributor now so you might try contacting him first. They're not cheap, but they're a top quality product.

I think most of their bars are not only raised slightly, but also angled rearwards and wider than standard. The combination of relatively small position adjustments at the bar makes for a very noticable change in rider position.

6. Thanks for the help everyone.
    I have plenty of length left in the throttle, clucth cables and brake lines. Someone before me put some relaly flat bars on teh bike, they are nice and new, so I don't want to go new bars. I just need a 2" lift to correct my seating position a bit( long in the body, having to arch my back a bit when riding). Also hoping to eliminate hand numbness/tingling issues as well, I have a slight carpal tunnel/ tendon issue in my forearms which I have to look after.

Regards, Andrew.

7. I have gen mar risers on the monster.

Ordered direct from USA.

Got there the same week I ordered them.

8. When checking the length of the cables and brake lines remember to check them at both locks... but I'm sure you already thought of that. If the bars have been changed have you considered putting stock bars back on to fix the problem ?

9. I did consider stock bars, but they are all 20 + years old now and all the ones I have seen are rusty! So I want to keep my newish ones, plus I like that the ones on teh bike don't have lots of rake back making the controls a nice feel. I just need the bars a bit closer to me.
    II ordered a pair of risers from a guy in the US this afternoon, worked out about $70 Au delivered, I supply the longer bolts. Will see how they go.

Regards, Andrew.