Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bar end mirrors for CB500F

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by Pugsly, Jul 20, 2014.

1. After making do with the stock mirrors (with extenders) on my CB500F, I've decided that my elbows look about as good as they're ever going to look and I'd much rather be able to see behind me with a quick glance than having to move my arms about.

The other challenge with my stock mirrors is that they line up almost perfectly with smaller vans and SUVs, making the motorcycle lane a little harder to navigate.

So, I'm on the hunt for some bar end mirrors. After googling about, it seems there is a metric shit-ton more mirrors available for my bike now than there was when I got it. Which is good, until I have to make a decision which ones to get.

So.. Those of you with bar end mirrors, are yours good or bad and why? Or if you have suggestions for better rearward viewing, I'm also interested in your *cough* view as well.

2. You need to look down to see the mirrors, before I could see movement in the mirrors without taking my eye off the road ahead.

But yes they are easier to filter with, you can get under those car mirrors.

A minor problem is I used to hang my helmet of my bars for sec whilst fueling or even just getting geared up. I haven't figured out a way to do that with the bar mirrors which is annoying.
  3. Looking down probably isn't as bad as the arm shift and head move I currently need to do. Good point though.

For me, I've never trusted the mirrors enough to hang my helmet off them. My seat is wide enough to sit my helmet on. Failing that, the top of the instrument binnacle is about the right size to sit my helmet on, and I have a carabiner there to hook into a D ring on the helmet strap. No way to fall off that way.