Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Banner Ads

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by vic, Oct 11, 2006.

?
  1. Ignore the Banners

100.0%
  2. Block the Banners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Read the Banners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Click the Banners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Know that Banners are Hyperlinks (clickable)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Click them as they earn the site revenue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Just out of curiosity,

2. Point taken ;)

3. I wasn't actually trying to make a point, but I know see that that could be implied :oops:

4. Its an artform in itself knowing what banners to put on site, so people will click. Hell even I use them on mine. Will skim over them as scrolling through the site, not many I will actually click on.

5. Generally, I think unconsciously you read that they are there, but unless its what you really are interested in, you ignore it.

Too many times on other sites if you click on them you end up in an advertising land with promises & no deliveries, so you steer clear out of habit!

If you know that they definately link back to the main site you are on ie: NR & its a NR competition or NR info, youre more likely to click and have a look.

6. If banners are poorly designed or are annoying... ie mobile frog thing and the "fart button" I will close the window and not even check out what the content is, usually less than tripe.

However if the add is tasteful and of an interesting subject I would click just to check it out. And I do know that most banner ads create revenue for sites. that's ok.

PS I really appreciate that the netrider banners have the little word "advertisment" just above them.