Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bank Loan question

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by PJ2, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Just a quick question about bank loans

I know to get a loan I'm pretty sure you have to be working for 3 months.
    Is this with the one company or just the same type of hours / work.

I have almost been working for 6 months but in the next month will be switching to another Hospital. Does this mean I have to wait another 3 months before applying for a loan ?

I've had a look at the Commonwealth Banks info and it doesn't say anything about 3 months, just the Name of your employer, and your last 2 payslips etc.

Thanks for your help

2. They will take into account your history. If you change jobs more often than you change your jox then they may think about loaning you the money.

A lot depends on how much you are wanting to borrow.

If you have been there for 6 months, apply for the loan now. You don't need to draw it until you're ready. Get the loan, change jobs.

3. Working in the same industry is generally fine, so long as you aren't on probation when they do the employment check which is often the case for first three months

4. Commonwealth will approve a loan for virtually anyone, and just put the cash in your account. I was amazed at how eager they were to throw money at me - "Would you like to get a credit card with your personal loan? How about an overdraft or any other line of credit?"

You need to be careful though, they'll definitely approve you for more than you can actually afford...

5. Personal loan or home loan?

When we were chasing finance for a house, we got knocked back by RAMS for finance because Emjaye had changed jobs within the last month. Never mind that all she'd done is change hospitals - same job, same department etc etc.. :roll: Every other finance mob didn't give a rats, because theoretically a nurse will never be out of work.

I just had to wait until we'd got finance before I quit my job..
    :cool: