Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bandit/V-Strom/SV650F Upgrading is hard..........

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Galex, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Too many options! Although I can't buy (restricted) until 2009, I did throw a leg over all of these bikes recently. So much to look forward to!

I also like the look of the Sprint ST and the BMW 650S. I think the ultimate in my eyes though is a BMW K1200S

2. SV650F not available in aus methinks. SV650S is.
  3. at least you got the suzuki thing right.... :)

nah honestly is it that hard? the bandit for mine. the perfect lazy powerfull engine

when are they gonna wake up and bring a naked model out. the looks is the only thing that lets it down and it still sells well
  4. Oops! GSX650F. Just had another look at the brochure. Nice bike. I'm becoming tired of being the windscreen, so a bike with fairing is appealing.
  5. I'm in the same boat. have just sold the VTR and am now looking for a worthy replacement...

SV is winning at the moment, although the pricing on the GSX-F had me very interested.... although I'm not sure i want something that looks quite so try hard... the blue and white paint job make it look likes its trying to pass itself off as GSXR....

Took an ER6-n for a run, and didn't mind it, apart from the engine vibe at 5k....
  6. Having done your learner period on a manly, hairy chested naked, you'll find it difficult to adjust to the limp-wristed poofiness of a faired bike or the mincing bisexuality of anything with a "bikini fairing."
  7. just ride them all, and buy the one you like the most.

that's what i did.

i took on all the advice from people, with a grain of salt (because people are biased towards the bikes they own/owned!), then rode all the bikes suggested, and bought the one i felt was the most comfy, most fun, best looking, bla bla bla.

at the end of the day, it's up to you. it's got to bring a smile to your face.
  8. :rofl:
  9. Pfftt... Bandit's are metro-sexual not bi-sexual (not that theres anything wrong with that) :p
  10. How fast can you "run" Loz :eek: Come here and say that :!: :LOL:
  11. Apologies for the alcohol fuelled whinge last night. I agree about the Blue and White GSX650F. The one I was looking at was all black. So is the BMW K1200S that I would really like. Probably totally the wrong bike for me, but I love the look of it. I did feel most comfortable on the V-Strom 650.

I'm 190 cm and nearly 100kg, so the VTR250 is a bit small.