Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Bandit Sprockets

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Bravus, Aug 25, 2008.

1. So, I have to replace chain and sprockets on the Bandit 12 in a couple of weeks when it gets a major service. Worth going up a few on the back or anything? It's not as though it's lacking in acceleration as it is, by any means, but it's only sitting on about 3500 revs at 100 km/h on the freeway, and tends to be in the lower end of the rev range a lot of the time. I'm not sure what the costs/benefits would be, but now's the time to think about it given I have to replace both.

2. If you go up a number of teeth on the back, it will make the revs higher. (although with the digital speedo, it will say you are doing 100, but you will be going slower)

My gorgeous man went one tooth down on the front sprocket and three teeth up pn the back sprocket and it became a wild wheelie machine.

3. Good call, ma'am - I'd forgotten about the speedo issues.

Given the ferocious bottom end grunt already on tap, and the wheelie potential likewise, it may well be simpler just to leave it at stock and let it wind out a little more.
  4. Leave it standard. Use the gearshifter if you want more revs.